1. Soldier General Duty Recruitment Procedure: Soldiers GD Pay Scale, Sol GD Promotion from Sepoy to Subedar Major Soldier General Duty Entrance Examination, Selection process for Soldier General Duty complete information, complete information for Soldier General Duty Bharti, Soldier General Duty Physical Fitness Test, Sol GD Medical Exam, Soldier Gen Duty Documentation, Sol GD Online Application, Sol GD Merit and Sol GD grant of additional bonus marks details are given below:-
INDIAN ARMY PAY SCALE AND PROMOTION SOLDIER CATEGORY
|Basic Pay, Military Service Pay, DA and Other Allowance|
|Rank||Basic Pay||Military Service Pay||Total|
|Naib Subedar||35,400.00||5,200.00||40,600.00+DA+Other Allowances|
|Subedar Major||47,600.00||5,200.00||52,800.00+DA+Other Allowances|
2. Age Limit for Soldier General Duty: Age for recruitment into Indian Army for Sol GD category will be between 17 ½ to 21 years of age.
3. Marital Status for Sol GD Category: Only unmarried male candidates for recruitment as Sol GD cat are eligible.
Soldier General Duty Physical Standard Height, Weight, Chest Eligibility Indian Army
|Reason/Zone/ Area||Indian States and UTs||Height||Chest |
|Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Sikkim,|
Nagaland, Tripura, Mizoram, Meghalaya,
Assam and Hill Region of West Bengal
(Gangtok, Darjeeling and Kalimpong
|Jammu & Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh,|
Punjab Hill (Area South and West of the
Inter State Border between Himachal
Pradesh and Punjab and North and East
of Road Mukerian, Hoshiarpur, Garh
Shankar and Ropar), Garhwal and
|Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu,|
Kerala, Goa and Puducherry
|Punjab, Haryana, Chandigarh, Delhi,|
Rajasthan and Western Uttar Pradesh
(Meerut and Agara Division)
|Eastern Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, West|
Bengal Jharkhand and Orissa
|Madhya Pradesh, Chattisgarh, Gujarat,|
Maharashtra, Dadar, Nagar, Haveli,
Daman and Diu
|All states & UTs||Adivasi Candidates|
(Tribals of Recognized Tribal Areas)
|Special Physical Standard|
|The Brigade of Guards||173||77-82||50|
|Gorkhas Candidates both|
Nepalese and Indian
|A & N Islands,|
Lakshadweep Group of
Soldier General Duty Recruitment Process Education Qualification
4. Education Standard Sol GD: Minimum Education Qualification for soldier GD category candidates will be High School or Metric or SSLC or 10th Class pass from Education Boards/ recognised Institutions.
5. Percentage of Marks: A candidate must score minimum 33% marks in each subject and 45% in aggregate.
6. Additional Subjects: Additional Subjects are not applicable for calculation of percentage.
7. Education Boards Grading System: Minimum of D grade (33-40) in individual subjects or grade which contains 33% and overall aggregate of C2 grade (41-50) points is considered eligible for recruitment as Soldier GD with marks stipulation.
8. Higher Qualifications 10+2: Intermediate or 10+2 pass or more qualified candidates need not have 45% marks in High School/Metric / SSLC /10th class.
Selection Process Soldier General Duty
11. Online Application:
12. Soldier General Duty Medical Process: Army Medical Test for Soldier category will be carried out as per for recruitment of soldiers. Main points for medical test are given below:-
(a) Visual Standard: The visual standards for Infantry Soldier GD, Driver (Other than Animal Transport Drivers), GD (AFV), Gunner (GD) (AAD, DMT, DS DPMT and MP will be 6/6 each eyes (Uncorrected without glasses or contact lenses).
(b) A candidate should not have hydrocele, varicocele or piles for army recruitment.
(c) A candidate should not have knock knees, Flat Foot etc.
(c) For Army Recruitment a candidate should not have any disease of the skin which is likely to cause disability or disfigurement will also be a cause for rejection.
(d) Candidates must be free from diseases of ear, nose and throat and hearing should be normal.
(e) Should have sufficient number of natural healthy gum and teeth i.e. minimum 14 dental points.
(f) The candidate must be in good physical and mental health and free from any diseases.
(g) A candidature should not have any bodily defects or over weight.
(h) Chest should be healthy and minimum range of expansion after full inspiration should be 5 cms.
(j) A candidate should have no past history of mental breakdown or fits.
(k) Blood pressure should be normal.
(l) For recruitment in the army the muscles of abdomen should be well developed and there should be no enlargement of liver or spleen
(m) There should be no disease of bones and joints of the body.
(n) Tatoo/Engraving: Permanent body tattoos are only permitted on inner face of forearm i.e from inside of elbow to the wrist and on the reverse side of palm/back (dorsal) side of hand. Permanent body tattoos on any other part of the body is not acceptable and candidate will be barred from further selection. Tribes with tattoo mark on the face or body as per their existing custom and traditions will be permitted on a case to case basis.