Eligibility criteria for Catering JCO
2. Age: Age for recruitment of Catering JCO in the army should be between 21 to 27 years.
3. Educational Qualifications JCO Catering: Intermediate/HSC/10+2 with diploma /certificate course of a duration of year or more in cookery /hotel management and technology from a recognized university food craft institute.
Physical Standard JCO Catering
(a) Height – 169 cm
(b) Weight – 50 kgs
(c) Chest – Minimum 77cm (Expansion 05 cm)
4. Physical Fitness Test for JCO Catering: Physical Fitness test for recruitment of Junior Commission Officer, Catering will be as applicable to Soldier General Duty Category.
Recruitment Procedure JCO Catering
5. Online Application: On receipt of notification from army recruitment authorities for recruitment of JCO Catering in the army, Online Registration are required to be done through www.joinindianarmy.nic.in. Admit card for recruitment of Catering JCO may be downloaded through army site in which initial screening details of the candidates will be given. Download Admit Card.
6. Screening & Checking of Documents: This includes checking of original education certificates Physical examination and medical examination .The screened candidates are put through written examination.
7. Medical Standards: A candidate should have robust physique and mental health, chest should be well developed having minimum 5 cm expansion, should have normal hearing with each ear. Should have sufficient number of natural health gum and teeth i.e. 14 dental points.Should have no diseases like deformity of bones, hydrocele, varicose veins or piles. Remustering candidates should be in medical category SHAPE-1 in terms of Special Army Order 6/S/2005/Rtg dated 05 Aug 2005 as amended from time to time.
8. Written Examination JCO Catering: Written examination of selected candidates will be conducted at HQ Recruiting Zone. The following subjects will cover technical aspects of catering for testing the knowledge of candidates for recruits. Paper may be answered either in Hindi or in English:-
(a) Cooking method.
(b) Food Preparation.
(c) Selection and storage of food.
(d) Hygiene and sanitation of cook house.
(e) Personal hygiene.
(f) Safety measure of liquefied petroleum Gas (LPG).
(g) Menu planning.
(h) Balanced diet for adult.
(j) Food colors.
(l) Recipes of Indian, Chinese and Continental Dishes.
(m)Kitchen equipment and types of chullhas
(n) Files and anti fly measures.
(o) Tinned and dehydrated food stuffs.
(p) Bread making.
9. Catering JCO Interview: Successful candidates will be interviewed at ASC Centre (South) Bangalore for candidates selected from South Zone and ASC centre (North) Gaya for candidate selected from North Eastern, Western and Central Zones.
10. Final Selection JCO Catering: Final selection will be done by a Board of officers and selected candidates will be sent to Training center for Basic Military Training.