1. All India Assam Rifles Rally Bharti 2018 Sports Quota: 10th/Metric/High School pass male and female candidates who wish to join Assam Rifles as Sportsman for the post of Rifleman General Duty under Sports Quota Recruitment 2018 may apply for the same as per details given below.
2. Eligibility Conditions: Eligibility criteria for recruitment in Assam Rifles under sports quota recruitment like education qualification, age limit, height, weight, chest, physical standard, physical fitness test , sports achievement and other information for the candidates are given below:-
|Post||Rifleman General Duty
|Age Limit||18 to 23 years (Relaxation in age mentioned below)
|Age Relaxation||Upper age relaxation for Genera/OBC is five years and for SC/ST candidates is Ten years.|
|Education Qualification||10th pass/Matriculation or its equivalent|
|Sports Qualification||Players who have participated in any International competition/ National Competition/ Inter University Tournament/ National Sports/ Games for School/ Physical Efficiency Drive.|
|Last Date of Application||20 August 2017|
|Last date of application for NE Reasons, Ladakh Division of J&K, Sikkim, Pangi sub division of Chamba, Lahul & Spiti District of HP, A&N Island and Lakhsdweep||04 September 2017|
|Date of Recruitment Rally Assam Rifles||30 September 2017|
|Place of Assam Recruitment Rally||Laitkor, Shillong, Meghalaya|
|Nearest Railway Station||Guwahati|
List of Games and Sports for Assam Rifles Bharti
|Games/Sports||Vacancy for Male/Female|
|Archery||For Male and Female both|
|Boxing||For Male and Female both|
|Equestrian||For Female only|
|Football||For Male and Female both|
|Judo||For Male and Female both|
|Karate DO||For Male and Female both|
|Taekwondo||For Male and Female both|
Authority for Award of Sports Certificates
3. International Competition: Secretary of the International Federation of Game Concerned.
4. National Competition: Secretary of the National Federation or Secretary of the State Association of the game concerned.
5. Inter University Tournament: Dean of the Sports or other officer in overall charge of the sports of the university concerned.
6. National Sports/Games for Schools: Director or Additional/Joint or Deputy Director in overall charge of sports/games for schools in Directorate of public instructions/education of the states. Army Sports Bharti 2018
7. Physical Efficiency Drive: Secretary or other officer in overall charge of Physical Efficiency in the Ministry of Education and Social Welfare Government of India.
8. Application Fee: The General/OBC category candidates have to pay Rs 100/- in the Form of Indian Postal Order (IPO).
9. Exemption of Fee: SC/ST and women candidates are exempted for payment of Examination Fee.
10. Mode of Payment/ in Favour: Indian Postal Order (IPO) should be prepared in favour of “Recruiting Branch, HQ, DGAR, Shillong 793010.
11. Submission of Application: Application as per format duly completed in all respect will be sent to “DIRECTORATE GENERAL OF ASSAM RIFLES (RECRUITMENT BNRANCH, LAITKOR, SHILLONG, MEGHALAYA 793010.
Note: APPLICATION FOR RECRUITMENT, should be written in Bold Capital letter on the Top of the Envelop.
12. Enclosures of Document: All candidates are required to attach the photocopy of the following documents alongwith the application form.
- Copy of Matriculation Certificate.
- Copy of Sports Certificates/Achievement Certificate.
- Copy of SC/ST/OBC certificate as per format given in advertisement.
- Indian Postal Order for Rs 100/-.
|Direct Bharti JCO/NCO/OR : Qualification Matric/10th Pass|
|Join Army Direct JCO/NCO||Join Navy as Petty Officer/Sailor||Join Air Force as Warrant
Selection Procedure Assam Rifles
13. Documentation: All candidates will have to ;go through documentation, in which all candidates have to produced all Original Documents/Certificates pertaing to age education, case, sports achieves (National/International) proof to avail age relaxation etc, the details are given in application form to Board, Failing which the candidate will be disqualified.
Physical Standard Test (PST)
|Physical Fitness Standard|
|Category||Male/Female||Minimum Height in Cms||Chest /Expansion in Cms|
|For all candidates except Schedule Tribe candidates||Male||170||80-85|
|For the categories of Garhwalis, Kumaonis, Dogra, Marathas and candidates belonging to the States Assam, Himachal Pradesh and J & K||Male|
|Schedule Tribe candidates hailing from North Eastern States of Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim & Tripura and Left Wing Extremism affected districts||Male|
|Candidates belonging to Scheduled Tribe of all States/UTs||Male|
|Candidates hailing from North Eastern States of Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim & Tripura and candidates hailing from Gorkha territorial Administration comprising of the three Sub-Divisions of Darjeeling District namely Darjeeling, Kalimpong and Kurseong and includes the following ‘Mouzas’ Sub-Division of these Districts:-|
(1)Lohagarh Tea Garden (2) Lohagarh Forest (3) Rangmohan (4) Barachenga (5)Panighata (6) Chota Adalpur (7)Paharu (8) Sukna Forest (9) Sukna Par-I (10) Pantapati Forest-I (11) Mahanadi Forest (12) Champasari Forest (13) Salbari Chhatpart-II (14) Sitong Forest (15) Sivoke Hill Forest (16) Sivoke Forest (17) Chhota Chenga (18) Nipania
14. Appeal Against Physical Standard Test: Candidates who declared disqualified in Physical Standard Test (PST) may refer an appeal to the concerned authority at recruitment site for remeasurement of Height and Chest. The appeal of the candidate shall be desposed off on the same day by the appellate authority.
15. Weight: Weight of the candidate should be proportionate to height and age.
16. Medical Examination Test: The candidates must not have knock-knee, flat foot, varicose veins, squint in eyes and they should possess high colour vision. The candidates will be tested for colour vision by ISIHARA’s test as well as Edrich-Green Lantern test. Candidates must be in good mental and bodily health and free from any physical defect likely to interfere with the efficient performance of their duties.
10. Permissibility of Tattoo: Being a secular country, the religious sentiments of our countrymen are to be respected and thus tattoos depicting religious symbol or figure and the name, as followed in India army, are to be permitted.
(a) Location: Tattoos marked on traditional sites of the body like inner aspect of forearm, but
only LEFT forearm, being non saluting limb or dorsum of the hands are to be allowed.
(b) Size: Size must be less than ¼ of the particular part (Elbow or Hand) of the body.
17. Medical Review Against Medical Examination: If a candidate is declared unfit in the detailed medical examination, the grounds for rejection will be communicated to him/her by the Chairman. If the rejected candidate is not satisfied with the findings of the Medical Officer, he/she will obtain Form-1, 2 & 3 from the Chairman Recruitment Board concerned to prefer an appeal for Review Medical Examination within 15 days from the date of issue of communication in which the findings of the Medical Officers is communicated to him/her.
Note: Being declared FIT in Medical Examination will in no way give any legal claim or
right to any candidate for final appointment in Government service.
18. Final Selection in Assam Rifles: Final Section will be done on the basis of Field Trials and Achievement by the Assam Rifles Recruiting Authorities.
Assam Rifles Recruitment Important Instructions
- Only eligible candidates may apply in the prescribed Performa. Candidates should minutely go through all the provisions in the notification to ensure that he/she is eligible for the post for which he/she is applying for Assam Rifles.
- Candidates should bring all original documents i.e. matriculation pass certificate, sports achievements certificates etc. alongwith self attested Photostat copies of the same at the time of documentation, failing which candidates will be rejected in the documentation stage of recruitment of Assam Rifles.
- Name, Father’s Name, Mother’s Name & Date of Birth should be mentioned exactly as recorded in Matriculation certificate. In case of change the same must be supported by necessary documents otherwise the candidature will be rejected.
- The application form must be filled carefully and signed by the candidate in his/her own handwriting. Correction, if any, should be legible and attested by the candidate.
- Assam Rifles will not be responsible for postal delays.
- Persons employed in Government/Semi Government/Public Sector Undertakings should apply through proper channel. No objection certificate from their employer will be required to be submitted at the time of documentation.
- Falsification of documents to mislead the Recruitment board or to gain access to examination would lead to criminal/ debar action against the candidate, besides cancellation of his/her candidature.
- The Government/Assam Rifles shall not be responsible for damage/injury/death/loss to the individual, if any, sustained during the entire recruitment process/journey.
- The Director General, Assam Rifles has full right to make changes/cancel/postpone the recruitment without assigning any reason.
- Candidates canvassing in any form/bringing outside influence/pressure/ offering illegal gratification/ blackmailing/ threatening to blackmail any person connected with recruitment will be disqualified by the Recruitment board Assam Rifles.
- It should, however, be clearly understood that the Recruitment Board reserves to itself, absolute discretion to reject or accept any candidate at any stage.
- Mere qualifying all the prescribed tests in Assam Rifles recruitment does not confer the right to any candidate for selection.
- Change in category will not be entertained in future and the candidature of such candidate shall be cancelled.
- Candidates who are not in possession of certificate of minimum education qualification by closing date of receipt of applications i.e. 30 (thirty) days from the date of publication of this advertisement in the Employment News need not apply.
- The candidates will not be considered for recruitment if involved/ convicted/arrested in any criminal case under IPC or any other Act of the Central Government or State Government.
- Any sportsperson, if found using banned Drugs at any point of time would be liable to disciplinary action as per Rules/regulations circulated by NADA from time to time and as per SSB Act and Rules.