Political Journey of Amit Shah and Biography
- In 1983, he became the eader of RSS’s student wing Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP).
- In 1987, he became an activist of BJP’s youth wing Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha (BJYM).
- In 1991, he campaigned for Lal Krishna Advani in Gandhinagar during Lok Sabha elections.
- In 2009, he was assigned the position of vice-president of the cash-rich Gujarat Cricket Association (GCA).
- In 2014, he became the president of BJP and his strategy was credited for Narendra Modi’s huge victory in General Elections.
- He was Member of the Gujarat Legislative Assembly, Sarkhej from 1997–2012 Preceded by Harishchandra Lavjibhai Patel from Sarkhej Constituency .
- In 2017, he played main role for establishing BJP Govt in Uttar Pradesh, Uttrakhand, Goa and Manipur.
Biography of Amit Shah
- Real Name – Amitbhai Anilchandra Shah
- Nickname – Amit
- Father’s Name – Anilchandra Shah
- Profession – Politician
- Party – President of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP, 2014)
Physical Stats & More of Amit Shah
- Height – in centimetres – 168 cm ( 1.68 Meter or Inches- 5’ 6”)
- Weight in Kilograms – 81 kg (Pounds – 179 lbs)
- Body Measurements – Chest: 42 Inches
- Eye Colour – Black
- Hair Colour – White
- Date of Birth – 22 October 1964
- Age (as in 2017) – 53 Years
- Birth Place – Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
- Zodiac sign/Sun sign -Libra
- Amit Shah Caste/Class : Vaishya/Baniya/Teli/Backward Class
- Nationality – Indian
- Hometown – Mehsana, Gujarat, India
- School Not Known
- College – C.U Shah Science College, Ahmedabad
- Educational Qualifications – B.Sc. in Biochemistry
- Debut – Became the leader of the student wing of the RSS, i.e. Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad (1983)
Family Photo of Amit Shah
- He was also banned to visit Gujarat. But, in 2012 he was allowed to enter Gujarat by the Supreme Court.
- In 2010, he was arrested for number of charges like murder and extortion, which dented his chances to become the CM of Gujarat after Narendra Modi.
- He was accused of “Fake Encounter Case” and was accused of having role in killings of Sohrabuddin Sheikh, his wife Kauser Bi and his accomplice Tulsiram Prajapati. CBI said that 2 Rajasthani businessmen paid him to get rid of Sohrabuddin who was harassing them.
- He was accused of damaging the evidences and influencing witnesses in the 2002 Gujarat Riots and spying on a woman in connection with the Ishrat Jahan fake encounter case.
Few unknown facts of Amit Shah
- He became MLA from Sarkhej in 4 consecutive elections: 1997, 1998, 2002 and 2007.
- He worked as a stockbroker and also in co-operative banks in Ahmedabad.
- For the very first time, he met Narendra Modi in 1982 in the Ahmedabad RSS circles.
- Under Narendra Modi’s 2002’s government in Gujarat, he was given charge of several major sections including Home, Parliamentary Affairs, and Law and Justice.
- He was the president of the Ahmedabad District Cooperative Bank (ADCB) in 2000.
- He loves chess and was the president of the Gujarat Chess Association.
- In 1986, he joined BJP, one year before Modi joined the party.
- He managed election campaigns for Narendra Modi in 2014, Lal Krishna Advani in 1991 and Atal Bihari Vajpayee in 1996.
- His son Jay, is an engineer from Nirma University, and is the joint secretary of the Gujarat Chess Association.